Tiohtià:ke / Montreal is historically known as a meeting place for First Peoples. We wish to honour these peoples by recognizing that our meeting will take place on unceded traditional Indigenous territory.
Annual Scientific Meeting (#ASM22) is baaack! And it’s personal!
Ready for the face-to-face learning opportunities to start again? We, here, at the Canadian Association for Interventional Radiology certainly are — and we hope you’ll join us too!
After almost two years of online-only interactions, we’re looking forward to bringing together interventional radiology professionals from across Canada for face-to-face conversations. The excitement of a live audience and the engagement that comes from a room full of IRs – those dynamics can’t be matched in a virtual setting. The spirit of the IR community is stronger when we’re all together in one place as well.
We are working diligently with the venue and the local health officials to ensure a safe in-person event. Goodbye Zoom & Teams, hello face-to-face connections!
You must be fully vaccinated to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting 2022.
Date and time: May 26-28, 2022
Location: Hotel Bonaventure, Montreal, QC
Meeting Learning Objectives
At the end of the meeting, the participant should expect to:
- Review the diagnosis and management of mesenteric ischemia
- Review techniques in venous reconstruction from a worldwide expert
- Discuss and learn about the experience of cancer diagnosis and treatment from a patient’s perspective
- Review principles and techniques in trauma intervention
- Review approaches and techniques in transplant intervention
- Discuss the challenges and lessons learned during medical device and product development
- Review strategies to optimize locoregional pain control
- Discuss the controversy surrounding paclitaxel-coated technology and potential implications on clinical practice
- Discuss the development and implementation of an IR stroke program in the community
- Review technical approach, hemodynamics and outcomes in portal vein embolization
- Review the endovascular management of portal hypertension and utility of TIPS, DIPS and BRTO
- Review the most important scientific papers affecting the clinical practice of Interventional Radiology
- Discuss and review the multidisciplinary approach to advanced aortic and peripheral arterial interventions
- Review the management of type II endoleaks
- Review techniques for advanced guidance in EVAR
- Review the principles of radiation protection in the angiosuite
- Discuss the impact of the IR residency on clinical practice in Canada
- Review outcomes in percutaneous and surgical AV fistula creation
- Exchange opinions and experience in challenging cases through workshops, debates and panel cases
Sessions (coming soon)
Program details (coming soon)
Guest Speaker Spotlight
Hotel Bonaventure Montréal
900 Rue De La Gauchetière O, Montréal, QC H5A 1E4
A preferential rate has been negotiated for the attendees. You will receive a private link (on your receipt) to book your room when you will register.
Single room rate: $269/night (+ tx)
Double room rate: $269/night (+tx)
Health and Safety
Annual Scientific Meeting 2022 – Health & Safety Considerations
Corporate Partners & Sponsors
CAIR programs are made possible through unrestricted education grants from our corporate partners and sponsors and are planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity, and balance.