There are many ways to get involved! Our volunteers are part of a fun and dedicated group that help us run our small but mighty organization, plan and host events, develop and implement communications, interact with our members, partners and sponsors and work on special projects.
How much time is required?
It’s up to you. Some volunteers donate a few hours each week or each month. Some volunteer for specific projects at select times during the year. The amount of time needed has a lot to do with the kind of volunteer work you choose.
What kind of volunteer work does CAIR offer?
Lend your voice and expertise to one of CAIR’s special interest committees or roles. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we’d love to speak with you!
We’re currently looking for volunteers for the following committee(s)/role(s):
Call for Expressions of Interest | Editor(s), CAIR Express
CAIR needs enthusiastic editors for its CAIR express newsletter.
Duties include editing and co-ordinating submissions for the CAIR Express, the CAIR newsletter published four times a year. Volunteer editors must commit to requesting and reviewing content in a timely fashion and have the ability to make firm and fair decisions.
As editor, your role involves promoting the reputation and reach of CAIR Express, engaging contributors and getting content developed and articles submitted. This includes the following:
- Solicit potential authors to submit articles to CAIR Express.
- Coordinate submissions for thematic content to upcoming publications
- Manage the review and editing of articles submitted by other authors to CAIR Express
- Take up potential future themes and soliciting submissions
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Be a self-starter as well as an independent and creative thinker with a focus on details and the ability to initiate and complete projects independently
- Consistent production of excellent publications according to the publication deadlines
- Ability to meet and exceed deadlines
- Responsiveness to internal and external audiences
- Quality, creativity, and accuracy of work product
- Follow-through and ownership of responsibilities
- Effective interpersonal communication with internal and external audiences
- Ability to develop creative solutions and new approaches to delivering publications
Appointment and Term
The initial appointment shall be for two years.
Persons interested in applying for the position must provide the following:
- a letter/email stating interest in the position and describing special qualifications,
- a full curriculum vitae, and
- the names of two persons familiar with your work.
Awareness and Community Partnerships Committee – ongoing
Overview: We are looking for volunteers who can help us plan and run IR awareness campaigns and community engagement opportunities.
Your responsibilities would include: collaborate on the creation of a national database of important local stakeholders (patient groups, healthcare professionals, decision makers, and the general public) and participate in and maintain an ongoing dialogue with local communities to establish trust and raise awareness of interventional radiology as a patient-friendly, minimally invasive treatment.
Digital Content Development Committee – ongoing
Overview: We are looking for volunteers who can help us review current assets and develop new content for our digital needs. Our online (website, social media, e-communications) presence is critical to our organization’s success and we need to provide a great user experience to support and build CAIR’s community.
Your responsibilities would include: review, create and develop, in collaboration with other volunteers, digital content for CAIR’s web presence which currently includes our website, social media, e-communications (newsletter, member advisories, etc.) as necessary.