The Department of Radiology at Niagara Health seeks a highly skilled and motivated fellowship trained Vascular and Interventional Radiologist with a track record for providing compassionate and efficient care to join the Diagnostic Imaging Service. The candidate will be a member of a 24/7 full service interventional radiology program for the Niagara Region.
Niagara Health is one of the largest multi-site health care systems in Ontario serving 434,000 residents within the Regional Municipality of Niagara. With 700 beds, 4,500 employees, 640 physicians and a $500M budget, the NHS provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services across six sites encompassing operations in Fort Erie, Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Port Colborne, Welland and a one million square foot state-of-the-art hospital in St. Catharines.
The transformation of healthcare service delivery across Niagara continues with planning underway to build an additional ultramodern hospital in South Niagara Falls to provide accessible and quality healthcare to residents of the Southern Region. Niagara Health is positioned, by virtue of its geography and regionally distributed resources, to exemplify the best of regional capacity with local service delivery. Strong academic partnerships are a priority for the NH as the organization builds on a robust relationship with McMaster University’s Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine.
- Twenty radiologist group
- Interventional radiology call is shared equally with 1:4 frequency
- The successful candidate is expected to participate fully in a co-operative way with the other members encompassing all image guided interventional procedures included vascular access, arterial, hepatobiliary, and genitourinary interventions including a strong interventional oncology program with tumor ablation and TACE.
- The candidate is expected to participate in other diagnostic imaging rotations including fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CT, x-ray and MRI.
The McMaster University’s Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine has expanded to a regional campus in Niagara, which is located at Brock University. Students at the Niagara Regional Campus complete their clinical rotations in one of the six area hospitals with teaching done by the highly skilled and motivated hospital physicians.
Opportunities for strengthening and building strong academic partnerships are a priority for Niagara Health
We are interested in Physicians who will pursue a university faculty appointment and participate in academic activities within a strong regional community hospital setting.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Hamilton and Hamilton Health Sciences < 1 hour away
The successful applicant must:
- Have or be eligible for Independent CPSO License
- Fellowship training in all aspects of vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology and interventional oncology
- Strong interpretive skills in all imaging modalities including CT, MRI, Ultrasound and X-Ray
- Excellent clinical skills are a prerequisite for this high volume department
- Must have a strong interest and/or existing background in clinical/academic radiology
- Be eligible for academic appointment
- Hold valid OHIP billing number and have billing privileges
Closing Date: May 28, 2021
Medical Affairs Office
905-378-4647 Ext. 44224
On behalf of:
Dr. Amit Mehta
Deputy Chief of Diagnostic Imaging