William Osler Health System (Osler) is a multi-site hospital system serving 1.3 million people in one of the fastest-growing and most culturally-diverse regions in Ontario.
With our new 2019-24 Corporate Strategic Plan, Going Beyond for Healthier Communities as our roadmap, we are shifting traditional thinking and re-imagining health care to help people live healthier lives, reduce chronic disease and improve access to care.
At Osler, we are committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff, physicians and volunteers to learn, innovate and grow. We are proud to be recognized, year after year, as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
Here you will work alongside a highly-committed and respected team that understands what it means to go beyond to meet the health care needs of our communities.
Angiography – Diagnostic Imaging, Etobicoke General Hospital
POSTING NUMBER: OSLER14810
HOURS: Currently Days, 8 hour shifts with participation in stand-by and call-in rotation for evenings/nights and weekends (Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements).
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a regulated health care professional who is accountable and responsible for providing quality patient focused nursing care to patients in the Diagnostic Imaging Unit. As part of the inter-professional health care team, the RN will practice according to the nursing practice expectations set by William Osler Health System, the regulatory practice standards of the College of Nurses and the legislative requirements set by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Current registration, and in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Sound knowledge of nursing process, theory, and responsibilities to the nursing profession
- BCLS required
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, conflict-resolution and decision-making skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an inter-professional team
- Demonstrated knowledge of patient and family-centered care
- Demonstrated experience with patient and family health teaching required
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills required
- Demonstrated excellent customer service, organizational and critical-thinking skills required
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development as it applies to the profession and related field
- Demonstrated ability to work in a stressful and fast paced environment
- Exemplary clinical practice within an inter-professional team to develop appropriate strategies for patient care
- Ability to prioritize patient care needs and make autonomous decisions
- Excellent physical assessment skills required
- Ability to promote a healthy work environment and practice excellent Client Safety guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Must demonstrate Osler Values of Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Innovation
- May be required to travel and work between all Osler campuses
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
The Diagnostic Imaging Interventional Radiology RN is responsible for:
- Safe nursing practice in all aspects of the nursing process: Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care
- Professional, patient-centred care to ensure patient safety and physiological and psychological well-being, associated with creating a therapeutic relationship and environment
- Providing care in a compassionate and caring manner within a diverse cultural environment.
- Practicing according to the infection control and prevention measures.
- Responding to emergency situations by recognizing changes in patient’s health status and consulting appropriately when necessary using Transfer of Accountability principles
- Providing health teaching to patients and families including thorough discharge instructions to ensure the continuity of care in the community
- Experience within the last 5 years in Diagnostic Imaging or Interventional Radiology preferred
- Experience within the last 5 years in Emergency, Critical Care or Operating Room an asset
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab or Endoscopy experience an asset
- ACLS certification required, or successful completion within one (1) year of hire
- Coronary Care I and II preferred
- Ideal candidate must be physically able and will be required to wear lead apron for extended periods of time
* In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume with your on-line application.
** Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted **
Please apply online at www.williamoslerhs.ca
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose