The CAIR Award is awarded by CAIR to an individual(s) for distinguished and extraordinary service to the Canadian Association for Interventional Radiology and/or the discipline of Interventional Radiology.
Service to Interventional Radiology may include teaching, basic research, clinical investigation, radiologic statesmanship, and/or promotion of Interventional Radiology or CAIR. Research must be recognized for quality and consistency by publication in recognized professional journals. Service to CAIR may include outstanding contributions to CAIR, other medical organizations, and/or government agencies. The CAIR Award may also be bestowed upon individuals who have dedicated their past and present talents to advancing the quality of patient care through the practice of Interventional Radiology, and/or who, by their outstanding achievements, also help to ensure the future of the field.
- 2005 (Deerhurst): Elaine McNeil & Jennifer Davison
- 2007 (Banff): Annie Bilodeau
- 2008 (Montréal): Normand Laberge
- 2009 (Vancouver): Mark Baerlocher
- 2011 (Montréal): Murray Asch & Steven Millward
- 2012 (Vancouver): Peter Collingwood